Saturday 5 January 2013

Biggest disappointment of Christmas 2012


It wasn't that the only boardgame I received was one that I already had (Elder Signs).

It wasn't that my copy of Blood of the Zombies had a drink spilled on it before I had a chance to read it.

It wasn't even that the kit bag that I asked for turned out to be a rucksack smaller than the one that I already have, too small for my judogi, never mind anything else.*



Nice work, Zhu Bajiee [compliment]. Nice work, Zhu Bajiee [sarcasm born from dashed hopes].

However, Gygax Magazine is real. Despite the big names associated with Gygax Magazine, we will have to wait and see if it is better than Oubliette, Knockspell, Fight On!, or any of the other OSR magazines out there. 

*Yes, I am an ungrateful so-and-so.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh. when good intentions go wrong. I seem to have wound up a fair few internet folk without really meaning to. Even managed to get sworn at by Frothers for that. Sorry to hear about your "Red Wine of the Zombies" incident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no need to apologise, I enjoyed imagining the magazine. This hobby demands that we should value all kinds of imagined treasures.

    ReplyDelete